Wednesday, July 15, 2009

51 hours later...

So today is smoke free day number 3. I feel like it's a pretty big hump. I have tootsie pops, pistachios, m&m's(recently demolished), and some Cool Citrus Trident. I could put one some serious weight in the coming days. Mainly i just want something to keep me occupied, so sugar-free gum is probably the way to go. Too bad, suckers and chocolate are much better tasting.

This morning has been the most stressful, but I'm committed to the not smoking thing. I don't want to do the nicotine gum. It seems like that would only draw out the quitting process. Why not go through a few days(weeks?!!?) of hell and just get it over with.

It really hasn't been too bad. Anxiety has been relatively low. The congestion is coming. Maybe i'll take a sick day on Friday and go for a hike or something.

Thanks for reading. Mainly I wanted to blog to get a break from work. I've gotten some really great encouragement from family and friends. Well Mom has been more like "AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" but that works too. My goal for mom's birthday is to give her a month of me being smoke free. I think she would like that. She just found out that her brother and cousin's husband both potentially have lung cancer. We'll find out more after some tests. There's reason to quit.

OK, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment